San Diego Creditor Harassment Lawyers
Dedicated to Helping You Get Relief
When you have been burdened by the weight of debt, it can feel like you
are carrying the entire world on your shoulders. No matter what you do,
it seems like when you turn around there is another bill to be paid. As
you struggle to work longer hours and gather any savings to pay your debts,
the last thing you need is continuous emails, phone calls, and even personal
confrontations with creditors, repeatedly harassing you to immediately
return the money you supposedly owe.
Unfortunately, in this time that is already very stressful, creditors and
debt collectors make life even more difficult by constantly heckling debtors,
often very late at night or early in the morning. However, as ordered
by the federal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, creditors are directly
forbidden from using deceitful and unjust strategies to try to collect
debts. They also cannot harass you through continual bombardments of calls
and emails. If you are being accosted, seek counsel from our San Diego
creditor harassment attorneys, so that Debt Relief Legal Clinic can give
you the support you really need.
Call us today at
(619) 639-9228 to find out how you can get rid of aggressive collectors immediately through
filing for bankruptcy.
Debt Collectors’ Behavior Prohibited in the State of California
Along with federal edicts, California’s Fair Debt Collections Practices
Act is crucial because it shields many debtors from being heckled. It
is helpful to know the manner of behavior that debt collectors may not
engage in so that you understand just how you will be protected.
As designated by the laws of the FDCPA, creditors and debt collectors are
legally barred from such behavior as:
- Calling multiple times a day to harass for debts to be collected
- Using violence or threats of a violent or sinister nature
- Indicating or suggesting disastrous consequences
- Trying to gain money that was never justified, including supposed “penalties”
and “additional fees”
- Seeking to gain a debt that should have expired due to its age, which is
four years in the state of California
- Using scare tactics that are false in nature
- Phoning in the evening or the early morning, when you and your family could
be resting or sleeping
- Creating reports about the debtor that are false
- Continuously trying to contact you even if you have specifically requested
against this, either orally or in writing
- Emailing or sending letters which including any misleading, deceptive,
or false information
- Calling you at work when you have requested against this
- Using offensive and profane language
- Sending emails or letters that have been made to falsely represent an “official” document
How Bankruptcy Can Solve Harassment
The fastest way to get rid of aggressive creditors and debt collectors is by
filing for bankruptcy.
The moment that you make your bankruptcy application, you will immediately
get something called an “automatic stay.” This status provides
immediate relief since it prohibits any further attempt of collecting
debts. Our knowledgeable San Diego creditor harassment lawyers are ready
to aid you in filling out your application so that you can finally experience
calm and peace from your financial anxiety.
Contact us now at
(619) 639-9228 for a
free consultation with our dedicated team at Debt Relief Legal Clinic.